Thursday, January 16, 2014

My First Post: Introduction

Since I was young I have been writing songs. As a kid I was in the choir. I had singers who's talent I admired such as Nelly Furtado, Shakira, Match Box 20 etc. However it was not till I was 14 years old I begain to watch 1920's themed musicals. And a couple years after that would research vintage singers from that time era. I learned I could sing that type of music. Before I knew it I had developed a pop, vintage, alternative sound. Recently I been working hard at laying down some tracks.

Not long ago I created my very first stage name Pariah. The name is a sophisticated word for social outcast! The story behind it. Simple, as a preteen and tween approximately 10-13 years, I was an outcast in school. Though I'm not at outcast any more, I still care to pay a tribute to my old self. Because, being an outcast and bullied made me the person I am today. Strong, motivated. compassionate and creative. I have written uplifting songs, reach out to youth who is struggling with being bullied! And I contantly remind myself to do my best!


Keep watching for more music from me. I will also be posting music from other artist who's music I listen to!


reverbnation.com/pariah39


Twitter: https://twitter.com/Pariah_Music

No comments: